BALTIMORE (WBFF)-- Washington D.C. Fire and EMS shared photos of a fireworks injury on twitter Wednesday to caution people against using fireworks.
They said that injury victim, Michael Spencer asked the fire department to share pictures of his injuries.
Spencer was hurt when he placed a mortar above his head with a shell exploding inside rather than flying into the air.
The fire department says the lesson is to leave the fireworks to the professionals.
For a complete list of local fireworks displays, click here.