Police say Aberdeen shooter suffered from mental illness, family concerned for well being


    BALTIMORE (WBFF)-- Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler gave updates Friday regarding the fatal shooting at a Rite-Aid warehouse in Aberdeen.

    The victims who died were identified as Sunday Aguda, 45, of Dunmurry Road in Dundalk; Brindra Giri, 41, of Colbury Road in Baltimore; Hayleen Reyes, 21, of Gusryan Road in Baltimore.

    Three victims were injured and remain hospitalized: Hassan Mitchell, 19, of Perrywood Court in Aberdeen; Wilfredo Villegas, 45, of Mineral Springs Drive in Gaithersburg, and Purna Acharya, 45, from Seneca Avenue in Ridgewood, N.Y.

    The Sheriff's office confirmed that Snochia Moseley, the 26-year-old woman police say opened fire on her coworkers before turning the gun on herself, had been suffering from mental illness.

    Gahler said Moseley was diagnosed in 2016 with a mental condition, he did not specify which illness. Despite the diagnosis police say, Moseley was able to legally purchase a firearm, a 9mm glock, in March of this year because her diagnosis "didn't meet the standards of refusal" under state law.

    Investigators who spoke with Moseley's family and friends said they were concerned about her well-being, they said she'd become increasingly agitated over the past two weeks.

    Moseley was set to work at the warehouse for two weeks according to police. They detailed the timeline of event saying she entered the building at 6:30am, left after 7am and returned home. She drove back to work and arrived at the front gate at 8:35 a.m.

    Police say when employees were leaving the building for a break just after 9am, Moseley opened fire, killing 45-year-old Sunday Aguda.

    Police say she continued to fire at coworkers, also fatally injuring two 41-year-old women, Brindra Giri and Hayleen Reyes.

    Officers who rushed in, removed Moseley from the scene, not realizing that she was the alleged shooter.

    Three other employees who were shot survived.

    Moseley was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview where she died from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Officials said Moseley, who had previously worked as a security guard had pepper spray and handcuffs on her.

    Police say the motive behind the mass shooting may never be known. The Sheriff told reporters, "There's just no way to make sense of something that's so senseless."

    News In Photos

      Loading ...