WASHINGTON (WJLA) - Have you ever left something behind after an Uber ride?
Well, Uber says you’re not alone.
The company has posted its third annual Uber Lost & Found Index.
As might be expected, phones, wallets, cameras, and keys top the list for items most often left behind.
Among the most unique lost items, Uber lists an 8-week-old coffee-colored Chihuahua at No. 1 and a black-and-white tuxedo for a small dog at No. 4. Maybe those two riders need to meet each other.
Also, on the list: a Babe Ruth signed baseball; a full set of 18k gold teeth, a headband with peacock feathers, a propane tank, breast pump with breast milk, ancestry kit, a Harry Potter Magic Wand, a bird, a fish tank with fish and water, and an Elvis cape with jewels.
Listings include: The 50 Most Unique Lost Items, The 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items, The 10 Most “Forgetful” Cities, Most Forgetful Days / Times, and Lost items that peak on certain days.
Uber says the most forgetful days of the year in 2018 were Jan. 1 and Oct. 29, coinciding with new year’s and Halloween parties.
Saturdays and Sundays and late at night are the most forgetful times.
Uber has tips on how to find an item you might have left behind. First, check your Uber app and contact the driver. But if it was your phone you forgot, you can check your account on a computer to contact the driver.
The 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items:
- Purse / Backpack
- Vape / E-cig
- ID / License
The 50 Most Unique Lost Items
- 8 week old coffee-colored Chihuahua
- Black faux fur neck cuff in a size large
- A photo of a New Years kiss
- 6 chicken tenders from 7 Eleven
- A black and white tuxedo for a small dog
- Full set of 18k gold teeth
- Professional grade hula hoop
- Salmon head
- Medium sized medical marijuana pipe
- Birth certificate and social security card
- Star Wars skateboard
- Very important headband with peacock feathers
- A propane tank
- A tray of eggs
- White leather snakeskin Louboutin heels
- Lego championship wrestling belt
- A pack of hair and a brown brush shaped like a foot
- Ed Sheeran concert tank top
- Breast pump with breast milk
- Two packs of Italian sausage and a Thanksgiving ham
- A shopping cart
- Ancestry kit
- Lotion and beard oil
- Silver & peach colored Venetian masquerade mask
- Small handmade cat puppet
- Babe Ruth signed baseball
- White gold wedding band with diamonds
- McDonald’s visor and a large fries
- Harry Potter Magic Wand
- A special pizza costume
- A bird
- Red pouch with hammock inside that says “hang loose”
- Cheer skirt with a lion head
- .Yeezy boost 350 butters
- A mannequin
- Two pieces of my ever-so-special white wedding cake
- A fog machine
- Japanese style mandolin
- Full fish tank with fish and water
- An Elvis cape with a few jewels on it
- One Gucci flip flop
- Red Lobster takeout
- Limited edition Chance the Rapper Starbucks gift card
- 5×7 prom picture of me and my husband
- 10 lbs pulled pork and 10 lbs pulled chicken
- Rose gold Kim Kardashian lumee case
- A piece of parchment paper with sap on it
- Deer antlers and a welding helmet
- My dirty laundry
- A small plush toy of a cat eating a pizza slice
The 10 Most “Forgetful” Cities:
- East Alabama
- Gallup, New Mexico
- Cookeville, Tennessee
- Mississippi Delta
- Boone, North Carolina
- Sioux City, Iowa
- South Georgia
- Mankato, Minnesota
- College Station, Texas
- Tallahassee, Florida
Most Forgetful Days / Times:
- Uber riders are most forgetful on Saturdays and Sundays, and late at night – between 11pm and 1am.
- We saw that the most forgetful days of the year were January 1, 2018 and October 29, 2018 – New Years and Halloween.
- Lost items that peak on certain days:
- People are most likely to forget watches on Monday
- People are most likely to forget headphones on Tuesday
- People are most likely to forget laptops on Wednesday
- People are most likely to forget books on Thursday
- People are most likely to forget passports on Friday
- People are most likely to forget phones on Saturday
- People are most likely to forget cakes on Sunday